all outfits H&M Conscious Exclusive 2018
Looking to the Arts and Crafts home of Swedish artists Karin and Carl Larsson, the 2018 H&M Conscious Exclusive collection is a thoroughly modern expression of beautiful workmanship and powerful femininity. The collection comprises of several statement dresses for special occasions, but there are also crisp, modern pieces for everyday looks. Floral jacquards mix effortlessly with graphic lace and tapestry-inspired prints, while striking silhouettes combine with romantic details for a strong yet soft vibe. The colour palette of greens, slate grey, white and black with touches of silver, dusky blue, powder pink and persimmon feels sophisticated and invigorating. Everything has been made from sustainable materials – along with organic linen, organic silk, organic cotton, TENCELTM and recycled polyester, H&M is introducing recycled silver and ECONYL®, a 100% regenerated nylon fibre from fishnets and other nylon waste.
It was the handcrafted tapestries and needlework made by Karin, her love for their garden and contrasting characteristics of the rooms in their home that were translated by the design team into the stunning floral jacquards, abstract embroideries and prints based on specific objects in the house. In particular, the Pegasus print is an interpretation of their famous tapestry, while the tree prints are an interpretation of the wall and ceiling murals in one of the rooms. The collection also includes a jewellery collection, where the beautiful fine silver story is made from recycled silver. The inspiration for the different shapes are found in the unique tulip-shaped lampshades in Larsson’s dining hall.
- The quintessential statement-making sleeveless ballgown in a grass green floral metallic jacquard featuring a v-neck, full skirt and low back made from recycled polyester.
- Forest green floral metallic jacquard tailored trousers with a flattering flared leg made in recycled polyester.
- Pegasus print long-sleeved mini-dress with interwoven metallic threads, oversized cuffs and a noteworthy deep-slit open back. The dress is made from a TENCELTM/organic silk mix.
- Free-flowing Pegasus print full-length button-through dress with raglan shoulders and drawstring cuffs for a modern romantic look. The dress is made from TENCELTM.
- Stunning forest green floral print blouse TENCELTM/silk mix with short, rounded sleeves and small v-neck and back.
- Dazzling white floral full-length sleeveless linen-silk blend dress with fitted bodice and deep v-neck at front and back, ruching at chest and subtle asymmetric hem.
- Loose-fitting yet luxe sleeveless midi-dress with subtle floral moiré and tree print mix in blue-toned silver, dropped waist and scarf-tie detail at neck. The dress is made from a TENCELTM/polyester mix.
- A versatile black floral jacquard single-breasted blazer in recycled polyester with one-button closure and open slit at the back.
- Make an entrance with a black layered floral print full-length skirt with high waist and a rouleau loop and fabric-covered button closure. The skirt is made in an organic linen/silk mix.
- Playful tree print long-sleeved mini-dress in TENCELTM with high ruffled neck, pintuck front, dropped waist and ruffled skirt.
- Powder pink or grey blue lace triangle bra and matching underpants with the sweetest scallop edges. The underwear is made from recycled nylon.KEY LOOKSECONYL® takes centre stage in the form of two different beautiful lace dresses – a slate dark grey-blue long-sleeved mini-dress with mock neck, voluminous arms and wide cuffs and a white sleeveless midi-dress with a high neck and flowing pleats from the knees that can also be worn as a pretty wedding dress. Meanwhile, there’s the decadent throw-on coat that works for a special occasion or even a day out. Made in an off-white linen-silk blend, the contrasting black ribbon embroidery is sure to make heads turn. For something with a head-to-toe print, an easy-going, flowing long dress in the Pegasus print or effortless sleeveless midi-dress with subtle floral moiré and tree print mix and dropped waist will hit the spot. Plus, florals are brought up-to-date in the form of a silk printed midi-dress with long sleeves, ruching and an open-back.MAIN FABRICSH&M are pleased to introduce ECONYL® and recycled silver into the Conscious Exclusive line for the first time. ECONYL® is 100% regenerated nylon fibre made from fishnets and other nylon waste, helping to reduce the impact on the earth’s climate and to support clean oceans. Recycled silver is obtained from above ground sources and industrial scrap such as old candlesticks, sterling silver flatware, coins and scrap jewellery. All pieces of the collection are made in sustainable materials and include recycled polyester jacquard, organic linen, organic cotton, organic silk and TENCELTM.
The collection is a visual feast with stunning head-to-toe prints, but also textile embroidery, cross-stitch embroidery and interwoven metallic threads. Modern design features such as removable cuffs, raglan shoulders, drawstring details and subtle asymmetric hems are balanced by more romantic characteristics such as wide cuffs, high necklines, pintucks, fabric-covered buttons and rouleau button loops.
Grass green, forest green, slate grey, white, off-white and black with touches of silver, dusky blue, powder pink and persimmon.
- Recycled silver tulip drop earrings.
- Recycled silver tulip split-hoop earrings.
- Recycled silver tulip statement ring.
- Recycled silver tulip bracelet.
- Recycled silver tulip stacking rings.
- Black recycled cotton pouch bag with a mix of recycled plastic bugle beadembellishment and sequins.
- Black recycled polyester draped mule with pointed toe and low heel.
- Black TENCELTM and recycled polyester slingback heels with a mix of recycledplastic bugle bead embellishment and sequins.
- Oversized scarf in a TENCELTM/silk mix with a multi-coloured Element print.
- Small scarf in a TENCELTM/silk mix with multi-coloured Pegasus print.
- Green recycled plastic beaded drop earrings with rhinestone details.